As you probably know, we’ve been stuffing avocados into beer for years now.
Can you blame us? Avocados are the best!
So we thought, “why stop at beer?” and decided to stuff MORE avocados into MORE delectable treats. Check out the recipes below, and avocaDON’T forget to share your own avocado kitchen adventures with us on Instagram using the hashtag #avocadope!
Chocolate Avocado Pie
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut, olive or vegetable oil 1 large egg
- 1 tsp almond extract
1. Blend all ingredients in food processor until fully combined.
2. Press into greased pie or tart pan. Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes. Let cool completely.
- 2 medium avocados (ripe but firm)
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup of honey or brown sugar (or preferred sweetener) 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
1. Blend all ingredients in food processor; it will be thick, so scrape down sides with spatula and pulse several times until completely smooth.
2. Pour filling in cooled crust and smooth out. Put in fridge for at least 30 minutes, then enjoy!
OPTIONAL TOPPINGS: sliced strawberries, raspberries, or toasted coconut and shaved almonds.
Avocado Mango Salsa
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, finely diced 1 serrano chili, diced (remove seeds
- for medium spice)
- 2-3 ripe avocados
- 3⁄4 cup mango, fresh diced (or frozen)
- 3⁄4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 tsp coarse salt + pepper
- (+ more to taste)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
1. Dice and mix together onion, chili,
avocados and mango.
2. Add pomegranate seeds, lime juice, salt and pepper. Mix gently to preserve dice and not crush pomegranate seeds. Taste and add more salt or acid as needed.
3. If you like cilantro, a 1/2 cup chopped is a nice addition.
4. Serve with tortilla chips or plantain chips.