We couldn’t be more excited to host a (virtual) holiday market with our friends at the Los Angeles LGBT Center and hosting platform Lemonade. We are going to be highlighting vendors throughout the holiday season and beyond, by sitting down and asking some fun questions! We hope this provides a larger platform to encourage shopping local and supporting our neighbors.
First up: Homo AF!
(1) What is your name and pronouns? Business name?
Joseph and Carlos, (he/him/his), We both run Homo AF.
Joseph and Carlos at a local pop-up market.
(2) We are thrilled you are participating(/participated) in the Close to Home market! What kind of art/product do you make?
We are thrilled to be a part of this event. We design and sell novelty queer wrapping paper as our primary item. We also have shirts, stickers, buttons, prints, and greeting cards. You can check out our selection at homoaf.com!
Homo AF’s Ho Ho Homo! Giftwrap (on sale here).
(3) How long have you been doing it? How did you get into it?
We put out our first set of wrapping paper in the 2017 holiday season. Homo AF gives me a break from the standard corporate design work I do at my 9 to 5. It started out as a passion project, but turned into our small business because of all the positive reactions we were getting from in-person pop-ups.
(4) What was #1 your 2020 wrapped Spotify list? (we don’t judge.)
I use YouTube music, I don’t believe that YTM has that feature just yet! I’m pretty sure Ariana Grande and Shakira are up there.
(5) Where can people follow you/find you on social channels/the internet highway?
HomoAF.com or on IG @Homo_A_F.
You can catch Carlos and Joseph, as well as a whole host of more artists and performers, starting on Monday, 12/7 at the virtual Close to Home Holiday Market by RSVPing here. See you there!